Finding a student
This guide will show the steps taken to find a student.
How to find a student
- From the TMS dashboard hover over the Students tab which will display a drop-down menu.
- Click onto Students on the drop-down menu to open the Student search page.
Note: Available students will appear in the grey table beneath the blue search box. If the student has not been registered on the TMS, the student will need to be created.
- Use either options below or a combination to find the student in the Blue Search Box:
|Input the student's Forename in the Search bar and click Search.
|Input the student's Surname in the Search bar and click Search.
|Input the student's Username in the Search bar and click Search.
- Use a wildcard search. This is a way of searching for a student using shortend names. For example, if the student's forename is Jack, type ‘Ja’ or ‘J’ in the Forename search bar.
Still can't find the student?
- Directly under the form label Archived, click on Archived option to display a drop-down menu.
- Select Archived and click the blue search button at the bottom of the blue search box. This will show students who have been moved to archived.
Filter your table of students
- You can narrow down a student by using Department or JobRole as a filter, this will bring up the students assigned to a specific group.
Note: If Departments or Job roles have not been created for the student on the TMS this will not be available while using the search.
When a student was registered
- You can use the Registration table header on the right hand side to order the students in 2 ways.
|Click the Registered heading to organize the students by oldest registered.|
|Click the Registered heading to organize the students by most recently registered.|
Note: After every search press the blue Clear button at the bottom of the blue search box as this will not automatically delete after a search.