Change a student's password
This guide will show the steps taken to change a password for a student.
How to change a password
- From the TMS dashboard hover over the Students tab which will display a drop-down menu.
- Click onto Students on the drop-down menu to open the Student search page.
Note: Available students will appear in the grey table beneath the blue search box. If the student has not been registered on the TMS, the student will need to be created.
- Use either options below or a combination to find the student in the Blue Search Box:
|Input the Students Forename in the Search bar and click Search.
|Input the Students Surname in the Search bar and click Search.
|Input the Students Username in the Search bar and click Search.
- Click on the required student from the grey table beneath the blue search box to open the Student Details page.
- Beneath the yellow student Details Box select the green Update Student tab to display theStudent Details in a Drop-down menu.
- Move your mouse down to the Password box on the left side in the green Update Student and click on this.
- This will now be able to be updated.
Note: Please make sure that your password is secure and does not contain your name or username.
Your password should be at least 8 characters in length, contain only a - z and 0 - 9, and have at least 1 of each lowercase/uppercase/number in it.
- Once a new password has been inputted into the Password text box and checked its correct, move the mouse down to the green Update button.
- Click the green Update button.
- Once this has been updated, this will take you back to the Student Details page.
Note: Although a student’s Email is not a mandatory field, we do advise to assign one. This will be used to send an automated email to the student containing their login information.