Allergen Awareness Manufacturing Training Online
Our Allergen Awareness Manufacturing Training course will provide the learner with the knowledge and understanding of what allergens are, how they can become a food hazard and how they must be handled.
From the 13th December 2014, it has become UK Regulations that all involved in food production, know, understand and are able to provide information about any allergies in the food they produce. This will affect all aspects of food manufacture and will also reflect on the behaviour of those involved in producing the food. It is important for workers to fully understand how allergens can affect those who suffer from allergies and why following safe systems is critical in food manufacture.
Who is this Allergen Awareness Manufacturing course for?
This course is for all involved in the manufacture of food products.
Allergen Awareness Manufacturing Training Course aim
The aim of this online course is to provide anyone who works in the food manufacturing industry, with a good level of knowledge and understanding of what allergens are, how they can become a food hazard and how they must be handled and controlled in the:
- Dispatch and
- Sales of food
This knowledge is designed to help minimise risk to health for those who handle food and the end consumer. It is also important to understand the importance of following systems, both as an individual worker and as a company.
Online Allergen Awareness Manufacturing Training Course content
This online course covers the following topics:
- Food safety hazards
- The 14 common food allergens
- Symptoms of allergic reactions
- Allergen control in food production
- HACCP (Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point)
- Legal requirements
- Benefits of implementing HACCP
- Effective cleaning
- Allergenic contamination
- Hand washing and personal hygiene
- Company procedures
On successful completion of this course, you should be able to:
- explain the symptoms caused by allergens
- name the 14 allergens named in the legislation
- explain how to clean to avoid cross contamination
- identify high risk allergens
- list the 4 types of food safety hazards
- explain what HACCP (Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point) is and why it is important to the food industry
- explain the importance of allergen control and risk management
- explain what staff training should cover
- explain the implications of the December 13th 2014 legislation
The average time required to complete this course is approximately 1 hour. However, it is designed to go at the pace of the learner and more time may
be taken if necessary.
The course has a short quiz at the end of the learning. The formal online assessment for this course consists of 20 multiple-choice questions. To be
successful, candidates must achieve a 75% pass mark (15 or more)? to obtain the certificate.
Online Allergen Awareness Manufacturing Certification
On successful completion of the online assessment, the candidate will be able to print/save their Allergen Awareness Manufacturing certificate. In addition to this, an email is sent to the candidate containing a link to the certificate.
This is the simplest, most convenient way to achieve compliance. Also, a QR code has been added to the certificate, which can be scanned by a smartphone to establish the certificate’s validity.
Related online training courses
View our current list of Food Hygiene Courses you can take online now.