Risk Assessment Training Course
The online Risk Assessment training course will provide the learner with knowledge to understand the importance of putting together an effective risk assessment in the workplace.
For every task that is undertaken in a work situation, a risk assessment must be completed. The risk assessment will highlight any hazards that may affect the worker and suggest measures to minimise any harm.
The aim of this course is to allow those responsible for writing the risk assessment to do so simply but correctly. Companies and business with five or more staff will need to record their findings either in paper format or electronically.
- Work towards compliance with UK Health and Safety legislation
- Train online at your own pace with a full audio voiceover
- Assured by RoSPA & Accredited by CPD
- Certificate on successful completion
- Course duration: 90 minutes
- Unlimited resits at no cost
Who is this Online Risk Assessment Training for?
This course is for those who must write the assessment or those who must implement an existing risk assessment. All industries, workplace areas and premises must ensure they comply with the Management of Health and Safety Regulations 1999.
Risk Assessment Training Certification
Our entire library of training courses are accredited by the CPD Certification Service as adhering to the universally recognised Continuing Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
This training course and it's content has also been assured by RoSPA, the Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents.
Upon passing the online assessment you will have the options to both print and download your Risk Assessment Training Certificate in PDF format. In addition to this an automated email will also be sent to your chosen email address containing a link to your certificate ensuring you always have access to a copy.
Furthermore, a QR code is displayed on each certificate which when scanned by a smartphone links to our certification database. This allows employers, auditors and local authority inspectors, for example, to establish a certificates validity instantly and at any time.
Course Screenshots (click to view images)
The aim of this course is to give a good level of knowledge relating to understanding the importance of effective risk assessment writing and implementing in the workplace. Produce a quality risk assessment document, which will be practical and meet all the necessary legal requirements.
On completion of the course, you should be able to:
- Recognise what the terms ‘hazard’ and ‘risk’ mean
- Name the legislation that replaced several regulations and standards in 1974
- Recognise the purpose of the HSE and health and safety laws
- Identify the legal duties and responsibilities of owners, managers, employees and other minor categories
- Identify how to write an effective 5-step risk assessment
- Identify who is responsible for assessing first aid requirements for the workplace
- List factors that affect the first aid provision requirements
- Identify when a health surveillance may be a legal requirement
- Identify special areas or environments that present significant risk
Training Course Content
This course is made up of the following modules:
An introduction to risk assessment
This section works as an introduction to the risk assessment course.
Module 1 - Working with Hazards and Risks
This section covers a definition of what a hazard is and its known risks, as well as covering legal duties and responsibilities. Become familiar with the 5-steps risk assessment to discover the advantages of good health and safety.
Module 2 - Safety Matters in the Workplace
This section you will introduce first aid at the workplace, highlight areas of significant risk and how to perform efficient accident reporting.
On completion of the course lessons and training material an online assessment will automatically unlock. The assessment will contain 30 multiple-choice questions and a mark of 75% or above will be required to pass.
The assessment will be marked instantly and so you will know straight away if you have passed or not. If you don't pass first time there's no need to worry. Unlimited resits at absolutely no additional charge are available so you can retake the assessment again as many times as you need to.
Related Online Training Courses
View our current list of Health and Safety courses you can take online now.