Risk Assessment Training Online (Understanding)
The Risk Assessment training online will provide the learner with knowledge to understand the importance of putting together an effective risk assessment in the workplace.
For every task that is undertaken in a work situation, a risk assessment must be completed. The risk assessment will highlight any hazards that may affect the worker and suggest measures to minimise any harm.
The aim of this course is to allow those responsible for writing the risk assessment to do so simply but correctly. Companies and business with five or more staff will need to record their findings either in paper format or electronically.
Complies with UK Health and Safety legislation
Approved by RoSPA & Accredited by CPD
Approximate duration: 90 Minutes
Digital certificate on completion
Who is this Risk Assessment training online for?
This course is for those who must write the assessment or those who must implement an existing risk assessment. All industries, workplace areas and premises must ensure they comply with the Management of Health and Safety Regulations 1999.
The aim of this course is to give a good level of knowledge relating to understanding the importance of effective risk assessment writing and implementing in the workplace. Produce a quality risk assessment document, which will be practical and meet all the necessary legal requirements.
Risk Assessment Course content
This course is split into the following three modules
This module works as an introduction
Working with Hazards and Risks - Module 1
- Hazards and risk definitions
- Legislation and the HSE (Health and Safety Executive)
- Advantages of good health and safety
- Legal duties and responsibilities
- The 5-steps to a risk assessment
- Safety Matters in the Workplace - Module 2
- First aid at work
- Accident reporting
- Health surveillance
- Areas of significant risk
On successful completion of this course, you should be able to:
- Explain what the terms ‘hazard’ and ‘risk’ mean
- Name the legislation that replaced several regulations and standards in 1974
- Explain the purpose of the HSE and health and safety laws
- Explain the legal duties & responsibilities of owners, managers, employees & other minor categories
- Write an effective 5-step risk assessment
- Explain who is responsible for assessing first aid requirements for the workplace
- List factors that affect the first aid provision requirements
- Explain when a health surveillance may be a legal requirement
- Identify special areas or environments that present significant risk
The average time required to complete the learning is approximately 90 minutes; however, the course is designed to go at the pace of the learner and can be completed in more time if needed.
The online assessment for the course consists of 30 multiple-choice questions. To be successful, candidates must achieve a 75% (23 or above) pass mark to obtain the certificate.
Risk Assessment Online Training Certification
On successful completion of the online course, the candidate will be able to print/save their Risk Assessment Training certificate. In addition to this, an email is sent to the candidate containing a link to the certificate.
This is the simplest, most convenient way to achieve compliance. Also, a QR code has been added to the certificate, which can be scanned by a smartphone to establish the certificate’s validity.
This e-learning course only provides awareness education. Face to face training would be needed in addition in order to complete the all round skills and knowledge to be able to carry this forward practically in your organisation.
Related online training courses
View our current list of Health and Safety courses you can take online now.