Manual Handling Course - Online
Unlimited FREE Resits
Instant Course Access
Our Online Manual Handling Course (Understanding) will provide staff with instruction on the correct procedures for lifting, pulling, pushing. Once completed and passed the learner can print off their certificate immediately.
Each year around 33% of injuries that are reported to the HSE are related to Manual Handling. The incorrect lifting, pushing, pulling techniques can lead to the most serious injuries. It is now a legal responsibility that all staff reduce as far as possible the need to move loads without machinery thus reducing the risks assocciated with maual handling. Additionally good techniques will also reduce related risks.
Who is this Manual Handling Online Course for?
This course is for anyone who is undertaking a manual handling task in the workplace.
The aim of this Online Manual Handling Training Course is to help prevent the injuries that are caused in the workplace.
Online Manual Handling Course Content
This online course covers the following topics:
- What is manual handling?
- HSE Requirements
- RIDDOR statistics
- Musculoskeletal disorders (MSDs)
- Musculoskeletal system and the spine
- Muscles and spinal injuries
- Good posture
- Employers and employee’s duties
- Reducing risk
- Case studies
- Implementing change
- Assessing the workstation
- Workstation ergonomics
- Risk assessments
- Hazards and risks
- Recording findings
- The MAC (Manual Handling Assessment Chart)
- Factors that increase risk
- TILE (Task Individual Capacity Load Environment)
- Guidelines for safe lifting
- Lifting aid examples
On successful completion of this course, you should be able to;
- What should be considered in a risk assessment for a workstation
- What should be covered in a risk assessment
- Who should carry out a risk assessment
- The 5 step process of a risk assessment
- What the terms ‘hazard’ and ‘risk’ mean
- What must be recorded
- what hazards may appear on a risk assessment for manual handling
- What a MAC is and what it is used for
- What factors can increase the level of risk
- What the guidelines are for safe lifting
- What lifting aids are and give examples
Manual Handling Training Online Course Duration
The average time required to complete the learning of our online manual handling training course is approximately 1 hour, however the course is designed to go at the pace of the learner and can be completed in more time if needed.
The manual handling online course assessment consists of 30 multiple choice questions. In order to be successful, candidates must achieve a 75% pass mark to obtain the certificate.
Manual Handling Certificate
On successful completion of the manual handling course assessment, the candidate will be able to print/save their Online Manual Handling Course certificate. In addition to this, an email is sent to the candidate containing a link to the certificate.
This is the simplest, most convenient way to achieve compliance. Also, a QR code has been added to the certificate, which can be scanned by a smartphone to establish the certificate’s validity.
This e-learning course only provides awareness education. Face to face training would be needed in addition in order to complete the all round skills and knowledge to be able to carry this forward practically in your organisation.
Related online training courses
View our current list of Health and Safety courses you can take online now.