Food Safety Level 2 Catering
Our Food Safety & Hygiene Level 2 Catering course is ideal for those who work with or handle food in the catering industry. This course will provide the knowledge to meet the required levels of inspection, audit and due diligence, ensuring high standards are being kept.
Everyone who eats in restaurants, cafes, hotels and any hospitality outlet deserves to enjoy the food and be certain that they will not become ill. Good food depends on good food safety and clean food preparation habits. These good practices are complex and have to be learnt to ensure all food that is handled is safe.
All staff must be trained, and this Level 2 Food Safety & Hygiene course, certified by the Chartered Institute of Environmental Health (CIEH) will ensure excellent training. The course will meet all audit requirements and help to achieve high standards of due diligence. This course is the essential standard for all who handle both high and low risk foods.
Who is this Food Safety Level 2 Catering course for?
This course is for those who work with or handle food in the catering industry. This course is recommended as a basis for those wishing to take the Level 3 Award in Supervising Food Safety.
The aim of this online Food Safety & Hygiene Level 2 Catering course is to provide the learner with the level of knowledge required to meet the necessary levels of inspection, audit and due diligence, which will help ensure high standards of food safety is maintained, critical for consumer safety.
Food Safety Level 2 in Catering Course content
This online course is divided into the following 5 modules:
- Individual responsibility for food safety
- The importance of personal hygiene
- How to keep the working area clean and hygienic
- How to receive and store food safely
- Prepare, cook, hold and serve food safely
On successful completion of this course, you will know:
- the importance of food safety managemnet procedures
- the principle symptoms & causes of food-borne illness
- how food-borne illness can affect consumers and food businesses
- how to carry out effective food safety practices
- how to describe poor food safety practices
- the importance of recording and keeping documents and records
- what due diligence is and it's importance
- the legal duties and responsibilities of employees
- the penalties of poor food handling and systems
- the role of the enforcement authorities
The average time required to complete the learning is approximately 2.5 - 3 hours, however the course is designed to go at the pace of the learner and
can be completed in more time if needed.
The online assessment for the course consists of 30 multiple choice questions. In order to be successful, candidates must achieve a 75% pass mark to obtain the
Food Safety & Hygiene Level 2 in Catering Certification
On successful completion of the online course assessment, the candidate will be able to print/save their Food Safety Level 2 in Catering certificate. In addition to this, an email is sent to the candidate containing a link to the certificate.
This is the simplest, most convenient way to achieve compliance. Also, a QR code has been added to the certificate, which can be scanned by a smartphone to establish the certificate’s validity.
Related online training courses
View our current list of Food Hygiene Courses you can take online now.