LOLER Training Course
This LOLER training course will identify which lifting equipment is covered by the Lifting Operations and Lifting Equipment Regulations 1998 and what measures can be put in place to maintain safety wherever lifting equipment is used in the workplace. The course highlights the duties and responsibilities that need to be fulfilled to help recognise the risks to keep accidents to a minimum.
Employers and employees each have their duties to carry out to ensure potential hazards associated with lifting operations and lifting equipment pose no significant risks to peoples health and safety.
This course will help workers whos job role involves lifting equipment by alerting them of what to be aware of by becoming familiar with LOLER requirements; the importance of planning, how to assess risks and selecting suitable lifting equipment.
- Work towards compliance with UK Health and Safety legislation
- Train online at your own pace with a full audio voiceover
- Assured by RoSPA & Accredited by CPD
- Certificate on successful completion
- Course duration: 35 minutes
- Unlimited resits at no cost
Who is this Online LOLER Training for?
If your job role involves operating or the maintenance of lifting equipment, being familiar with LOLER, the Lifting Operations and Lifting Equipment Regulations is a much-needed course to have completed. Know the types of equipment covered to understand how to minimise the risk of an accident or incidents at the workplace when lifting operations are required.
The online training provides a good level of awareness for both employers and employers as to what LOLER requires of them. The information gained will help those working around lifting equipment operate without getting in harms way.
LOLER Training Certification
Our entire library of training courses are accredited by the CPD Certification Service as adhering to the universally recognised Continuing Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
This training course and it's content has also been assured by RoSPA, the Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents.
Upon passing the online assessment you will have the options to both print and download your LOLER Training Certificate in PDF format. In addition to this an automated email will also be sent to your chosen email address containing a link to your certificate ensuring you always have access to a copy.
Furthermore, a QR code is displayed on each certificate which when scanned by a smartphone links to our certification database. This allows employers, auditors and local authority inspectors, for example, to establish a certificates validity instantly and at any time.
Course Screenshots (click to view images)
The aim of this course is to provide you with the knowledge of Lifting Operations and Lifting Equipment Regulations. It focuses on why LOLER is important for the health and safety of those involved in operating lifting machinery.
On completion of this LOLER course, you should be able to:
- List some examples of lifting equipment
- Name the important regulation relating to operating lifting equipment
- Identify some equipment that is NOT covered by LOLER
- Identify who LOLER applies to
- Name some other regulations that also apply to lifting devices
- List some questions you should ask before undertaking lifting operations
- Identify the standards of the equipment needed
- List what the Health and Safety at Work Act requires employees to do
- Name some questions that should be included on a LOLER check sheet
- Identify the importance of LOLER
- Identify what other risks there may be when performing lifting operations
- Identify some types of lifting equipment that is used for lifting people
- List some Dos and Don'ts in regards to LOLER
- Give definitions of hazard and risks
- List the 5 steps to conducting a risk assessment
- Identify what kind of person should carry out a lifting operation
- Identify what suitability's should be obtained before conducting any lifting equipment
- Identify what planning is involved before conducting any lifting operations
- Recognise why risk assessments are of high importance
Training Course Content
This course is made up of the following modules:
An Introduction to LOLER
This section introduces the learner to the course and looks at different examples of lifting equipment; it also explains how lifting equipment and accessories which complement lifts are also covered by LOLER.
Module 1 - Considering the Risks
This section of the course concentrates on the different risks that should be considered when operating lifting equipment. It also looks at who LOLER applies to, as well as other risks that may be involved when using lifting equipment and or conducting lifting operations.
Module 2 - Lifting Equipment Standards
This section of the course covers the standards that should be followed, such as equipment suitability, strength and stability. It also looks at the different types of lifting equipment that can be used for lifting operations involving people and why it is important to understand the different risks that are involved.
Module 3 - Risk Assessments and Equipment Inspections
In this final section, you will cover the importance of a 5 step risk assessment and why producing risk assessments are necessary when it comes to lifting operations. It also looks at the importance of regular examination and inspection of equipment and what to do if a fault is discovered.
On completion of the course lessons and training material an online assessment will automatically unlock. The assessment will contain 15 multiple-choice questions and a mark of 75% or above will be required to pass.
The assessment will be marked instantly and so you will know straight away if you have passed or not. If you don't pass first time there's no need to worry. Unlimited resits at absolutely no additional charge are available so you can retake the assessment again as many times as you need to.
Related Online Training Courses
View our current list of Health and Safety courses you can take online now.