Food Safety Certificate Level 2 in Retail
Our Level 2 Food Hygiene & Safety in Retail course are for those who need to handle food. This online course covers food safety procedures, ensuring high standards are implemented and maintained for successful audits and inspections.
In today’s retail sector, food is sold from many outlets, not only traditional food shops. This could be supermarkets, open market stalls, take away outlets and also retailers who specialise in non-food items, such as garages. However all outlets must be pleasant for the customer and sell the food in a hygienic way.
Presenting food that is safe and protecting it from contamination requires training for the staff. Training is compulsory to ensure all staff know and understand the basics of food safety and how to handle food correctly.
This course is suitable for all staff, and is ideal as an induction course as many respected retail outlets now use the Level 2 Food Safety course as their company standard for training, irrespective of the food handled and sold. This course will be invaluable for all seeking to achieve BR Global Standards.
Who is this Level 2 Food Safety in Retail course for?
This online course is for anyone who handles food. Being trained in food hygiene is compulsory and a legal requirement and the Level 2 Course is an industry standard.
The aim of this course is to ensure that employees gain a good understanding of food safety procedures, ensuring high standards are implemented and maintained.
This course will help to ensure that audits and inspections are successful through effective staff training, allowing the business to maximise profit and minimise risks.
Level 2 Food Safety in Retail Course content
This online course is divided into the following 5 modules:
- Individual responsibility for food safety
- The importance of personal hygiene
- How to keep the working area clean and hygienic
- How to receive and store food safely
- Types, sources, vehicles and routes of contamination
On successful completion of this course, you should be able to:
- explain the importance of food safety
- explain food safety management procedures
- explain the principle causes of food-borne illness
- explain how food borne illness affects consumers and retailers
- explain how poor safety practices affect food retailers
- explain good food safety procedures in retail stores
- explain how to prevent food borne illness
- identify food hazards
- explain what the ‘four C's are
- demonstrate how to keep relevant records
- explain due diligence
- explain legal responsibilities
- explain the responsibilities of food businesses and managers
- explain penalties applicable to poor food handlers
- explain what enforcement powers are
Continued Learning Objections over 5 modules.
The average time required to complete the learning is approximately 2.5 - 3 hours, however the course is designed to go at the pace of the learner and can be completed in more time if needed.
The online assessment for the course consists of 30 multiple choice questions. In order to be successful, candidates must achieve a 75% pass mark to obtain the
Food Safety Level 2 in Retail Certification
On successful completion of the online assessment, the candidate will be able to print/save their online Level 2 Food Hygiene & Safety in Retail certificate. In addition to this, an email is sent to the candidate containing a link to the certificate.
This is the simplest, most convenient way to achieve compliance. Also, a QR code has
been added to the certificate, which can be scanned by a smartphone to establish the certificate’s validity.
Related online training courses
View our current list of Food Hygiene Courses you can take online now.