Level 3 Managing HACCP in Manufacturing & Retail
Unlimited FREE Resits
Instant Course Access
Discounts on bulk purchases
- 10% Discount 10+ courses
- 20% Discount 50+ courses
- 30% Discount 100+ courses
- 40% Discount 250+ courses
- 50% Discount 500+ courses
Our Level 3 Managing HACCP in Manufacturing and Retail online training course will provide supervisors, managers and owners in food manufacture the skills to produce and implement HACCP systems, follow HACCP regulations for businesses to meet their legal requirements.
The profitability of our food companies, be they manufacturing, catering or retail depend on our providing good quality products that are appealing, tasty and safe. Failure to do this will result in loss of reputation, customers and ultimately loss of profits.
HACCP (Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point) had its origins in the space race of the 1960s, when it was recognised that food poisoning in space would effectively mean the end of a mission. HACCP was therefore devised to be a proactive food safety system which would analyse every stage of production “from farm to fork” and highlight every area where a food hazard, without detection, could cause harm to the food product produced.
Certificate on successfull completion
Compliance with EU Regulation
Online learning, train at your own pace
Approximate duration: 4 - 6 hours
Unlimited FREE Resits made available
Although devised by the company managers, perhaps the key players in ensuring HACCP systems work are the “hands on” managers and supervisors who are responsible for; securing the standards of work within the company and training the staff in the practices that will guarantee safe food.
Obviously then, that critical tier of staff need to be well trained themselves. This level 3 haccp training course is intended to help managers and supervisors, or those aspiring to take on those roles, to understand HACCP and know how their day to day contributions will make the difference in the long run to their company’s profits and success.
Who is this Level 3 Managing HACCP online course for?
This HACCP course is designed for supervisors, managers and owners in food manufacture and food retail businesses.
The aim of this online Level 3 Managing HACCP in Manufacturing and Retail course is to give anyone who has the responsibility for producing and implementing HACCP systems a good working knowledge they will need in order to be able to produce, implement and/or oversee an effective HACCP system in their business.
The course covers HACCP regulations, necessary for businesses to meet legal requirements in the protection of consumer health.
This online covers the following topics:
- Food safety management and HACCP
- Food safety hazards and their control
- Prerequisite programmes (PRPs)
- Preliminary steps to developing a HACCP plan
- Application of HACCP principles - steps 6 to 12 of the codex twelve step logic sequence
On successful completion of this course, you should be able to:
Module 1 - Food Safety Management and HACCP
- explain what Codex HACCP is
- explain the difference between food safety and HACCP
- explain where HACCP originated from
- list the Codex HACCP guidelines and principles
- explain how to implement HACCP using the Codex 12 step application
- explain what the European Union and Codex HACCP is and its importance
- list some benefits of implementing HACCP in food operations
- list the costs of food-borne illness to the individual, society and businesses
- give examples of food-borne illness outbreaks
- list the benefits of implementing HACCP in the food industry
- explain why HACCP may fail in businesses
Module 2 - Food Safety Hazards and their Control
- explain what is meant by a food safety hazard
- explain the terms contaminant, contamination and cross-contamination
- list and describe the four groups of food contamination hazards
- explain how the four groups of food contamination hazards may be prevented from causing harm
- explain what allergens are
- identify allergenic foods
- describe the symptoms of an allergic reaction
- explain what control measures can be taken to prevent allergenic contamination of non-allergenic foods
Module 3 - Prerequisite Programmes (PRPs)
- explain what Prerequisite Programmes (PRPs) are
- explain what constitutes a well designed, developed and implemented PRP as part of an effective HACCP system
- explain commonly implemented PRPs in each of the three categories (environmental conditions, personnel and products/raw materials)
- explain what each of the 3 categories cover
- explain what HACCP awareness training covers
- explain the importance of identifying and addressing customer complaints
- give examples of product recalls
Module 4 - Preliminary Steps Before Development of the HACCP Plan
- list the five preliminary steps to HACCP
- explain how to assemble an effective multidisciplinary HACCP team
- list the conditions required for an effective HACCP team
- explain the benefits of a team approach
- explain the importance of the product description and the information it should contain
- explain what essential information is required to describe products
- explain the systematic identification of hazards in the application of HACCP principles
- explain the characteristics of linear and modular Process Flow Diagrams (PFDs)
- explain the process of confirming the PFD
Module 5 - Application of the HACCP Principles - (Codex 12 Step Logic Sequence)
- explain the importance of listing all potential hazards
- identify microbiological and physical hazards in a food process
- demonstrate how hazard analysis can be carried out using a risk rating method
- demonstrate how to put in place effective and practical measures to control identified hazards
- explain the differences between Control Points (CPs) and Critical Control Points (CCPs)
- identify the criteria used to determine whether a step should be designated as a CCP
- demonstrate how to apply a decision tree to a food process
- and more..
The average time required to complete the learning is approximately 4 to 6 hours, however the course is designed to go at the pace of the learner and can be completed in more time if needed.
The online assessment for the course consists of 60 multiple choice questions. In order to be successful, candidates must achieve a 75% pass mark to obtain the certificate.
Level 3 Managing HACCP in Manufacturing & Retail Certification
On successful completion of the online course assessment, the candidate will be able to print/save their Level 3 Managing HACCP in Manufacturing and Retail certificate. In addition to this, an email is sent to the candidate containing a link to the certificate.
This is the simplest, most convenient way to achieve compliance. Also, a QR code has been added to the certificate, which can be scanned by a smartphone to establish the certificate’s validity.
Related online training courses
View our current list of Food Hygiene Courses you can take online now.