Ladder & Stepladder Safety Awareness (Training)
Our Ladder & Stepladder Safety Awareness training course will provide the knowledge required to use ladders and stepladders safely.
Ladders & stepladders need to be used with care. Each year, on average, ladders and step-ladders are involved in a third of falls from height, 1,200 major injuries and 14 deaths. This course aims to help you work safely with stepladders or leaning ladders.
There are rules that anyone using ladders or stepladders should be aware of, such as how to position ladders securely, how to check ladders for damage and when stepladders or ladders should not be used to ensure the users safety.
Legislation is quite specific in the use of ladders in the workplace. Ladders are only to be used if the task is of 30 minutes or less in duration and for light work that requires equip-ment or loads of 10kgs or less.
Who is this course for?
This course is for anyone in the workplace, who may be required to use a ladder, or steplad-der, occasionally for light tasks.
This Ladder & Stepladder Safety Training course aims to help the learner work safely with stepladders or leaning ladders. It is for anyone in the workplace.
This course covers the following topics:
- 3 rules for working at height
- The 5-step risk assessment
- Types of ladders
- How to use leaning ladders and stepladders safely
- Who should use a ladder or stepladder
On successful completion of this course, the learner should be able to:
- give some statistics caused by working at height
- list the 3 rules to be considered before working at height
- list the 5 stages of a risk assessment
- explain how to use a ladder and stepladder safely
- state the recommended maximum time you should work on a ladder
- give the maximum weight (Kg’s) that can be carried on a leaning ladder
- explain how to place and use a leaning ladder safely
- explain who should carry out work on a ladder or stepladder
The average time required to complete this course is approximately 30 minutes. However, it is designed to go at the pace of the learner and more time may be taken if necessary.
The course has a short quiz at the end of the learning.The formal online assessment consists of 15 multiple-choice questions, which should take approximately 30 minutes to complete. To be successful, candidates must achieve a 75% pass mark (12 or more) to obtain the certificate.
On successful completion of the Ladder & Stepladder Safety Training course assessment the candidate will be able to print/save the certificate. In addition to this, an email is sent to the candidate containing a link to the certificate. This is the simplest, most convenient way to achieve compliance. Also, a QR code has been added to the certificate, which can be scanned by a smartphone to establish the certificate’s validity.